cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Relationships with Excel Wizard?

tdeeg
Super Contributor

As described in the Common Features EN, i exported and imported lists of applications/IT-Services and their relations which works really good. However, I also tried to import a new relationship between IT-Service and Application.

So i added a new line in the excel export with the corresponding hexaidabs / name and imported it in Mega. But i can not see any results or error messages. Is it even possible to import relationships this way? Did someone do an import of relationships with the new Excel Import/Export feature?

Best regards

Tobias

6 Replies

Hi Jerome,

I was looking for a similar solution and came across this post.  The attachment does not contain any excel file, rather it has the opendoc XML files.  Can you post the excel file, if available? Thanks

- Manu.

Hello

Note that this issue is fixed with MEGA 2009 SP5 CP8.0

Jerome

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

It seems that links are not considered if no link property is specified

Solution

In the Excel tab processing the MetaAssociation (relationaship), add a column with the MetaAttribute 'Order'  with ID '0000000040000004'.

For ID values note that

• For the structure, _hexaibs are used (ex: 0000000040000004 for MetaAttribute 'Order' )
  • For the objects, _idabs cajn be used (ex: bHyiXsxaG9sI for the object MyApplication)
Jerome

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello tdeeg

Attached is an example (Excel_Import_Example.xlsx, zipped) that creates both objects and relationships at import with the Excel import wizard.

It performs the following actions:

• Create a library object
  • Create a set of person objects owned by this library
  • Create a set of application objects owned by this library
  • Create a set of IT service objects
  • Connect application to IT Service using the ownership link (MetaAssociationEnd Defined-Service)
  • Connect application to IT Service using the usage link (MetaAssociationEnd Service within Internal Architecture)
  • Connect application to person (MetaAssociationEnd Responsible Person)

Jerome

hsoegaard
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

I think you need to use the Absolute Identifier and not the hexaidabs.

mkaraca
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

I have the same problem. some help would be so much appreciated.