cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a .gif Image as MetaPicture to the Repository

RalfMieke
Super Contributor

How can I add a new MetaPicture to the Repository, when I have created a
.gif-Image? Where do I have to put the Image and how can I make MEGA recognize it?

5 Replies

mtenzali
Retired

Hi,

You just put the image ( gif file) in the Mega_Usr foder of your environement.

Regarding the definition of this image on MEGA, you need to configure the MetaPicture (related to your MetaClass) and enter the image name

Exemple:

RalfMieke
Super Contributor

Meanwhile we have found the solution:

For the Icon to be correctly displayed in the Object Browser, you need an .ICO File (With _Type set to Ico as well).

Then, everything works as expected.

I do not understand where is the problem.

Your depl.gif file only shows... a gif file and doesn't show where is the problem.

But I can guess that the problem comes from the fact that you still have the old appl.gif  and yours is not taken into account by MEGA.

If this is the case, it might be because you have created a new Metapicture on the "Application" Metaclass without any conditions for it : when you have more than one metaPicture for a Metaclass, MEGA analyses each one of them (using the current order) and the first one that fills the condition (which with no conditions means the first one in all cases...), is taken into account. In your case, the "Application" metaPicture is used, not yours.

If what you want to do is replace the standard "appl.gif", you have 2 choices :

1 - name your file "appl.gif" instead of "depl.gif" in the mega_usr

OR

2 - replace the standard "appl.gif" _StdFile by your "depl.gif" _StdFile" in the "Application" Metapicture.

NOTE THAT you created a new .gif, but depending on what you want to do, you might have to create a "depl.ico" file and/or a "depl.mgs" file (that last one could be quite difficult...)

If what you want is to keep the standard "appl.gif" (and the .ico and the .mgs...) for some specific cases, and in some other cases use your "depl.gif", you need to create conditions on your MetaPictures as shown below :

picture1.jpg

Regards,

Lionel

RalfMieke
Super Contributor

The File „depl.gif“ is in the root of our Mega_usr, and we created a MetaPicture “DeploymentEinheit” here (see step1.png)

Then added the StdFile as you said (see step2.png)

And set the _Type of the StdFile to Gif here (see step3.png)

But as you see in the first screenshot (see depl.gif) , the Image does not show up correctly.

lionel
MEGA
MEGA

Hello Ralf,

I do not know exactly what you intend to do, but to create a MetaPicture of a .Gif file (same for .bmp, .ico, .mgs...) :

- Save your file in your Mega_usr folder

- Create your MetaPicture (or search for an existing one to modify)

- In the properties of your MetaPicture, go in the "StdFile" Tab

- Create a new _StdFile and name it with the exact name of your file.

- Choose the correct type (Gif in your case).

Regards,

Lionel