cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation Issues with MetaPictures in Hopex Diagrams (HOPEX V5.0 CP7 HF7)

emilianonava
New Contributor

Support Request: Pixelation Issue with MetaPictures in Diagrams

Hello Mega community,

I am experiencing issues with the quality of MetaPicture images within diagrams in Hopex. Below is a detailed description of the problem and the steps to replicate it:

Problem Summary

I tried adding new MetaPictures for created CloudService-type objects. The desired icons for the objects were exported in good quality and different formats, testing various resolutions. I verified that the MetaPicture previews were of good quality and that the icons displayed within Hopex were also of good quality. However, when linking objects to diagrams such as Application Deployment Architecture and System Application Deployment Architecture, the images are highly pixelated.

Problem Detail and Replication

In all cases, the icons were exported from a high-quality image editing software. It was tested with resolutions of 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 400x400, 800x800, 1600x1600, and 4000x4000; and by exporting in PNG, ICO, BMP, and JPG formats:

• Inside the Cloud Service type object, a new MetaPicture was linked:
  • The corresponding icon was added in the Mega_Std folder, and the reference to that icon was added in the StdFile tab of the MetaPicture (this step was done by testing different combinations of resolutions and exported formats).

Additionally, tests were carried out using the Shape Editor by importing the image in different resolutions and then exporting it to MGS format, trying the four different options in the MetaAttribute called _Type for the MetaPicture corresponding to the MGS format:

In all cases, it was verified that the display of the MetaPicture was correct and of good quality, as well as the icon displayed within Hopex:

The issue appeared when linking Cloud Services in diagrams where their use is required, as they showed the icons as highly pixelated or did not appear at all with some image formats or values for the _Type attribute:

Additionally, the option of compiling the environment each time the images were replaced was tested, but this was not effective either.

Could anyone provide guidance or a solution to ensure that the MetaPictures retain their quality when used in diagrams?

Thank you in advance for your support!

1 Reply

LMeden
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hello @emilianonava 

Have a look at this old post. https://community.mega.com/t5/Forum-HOPEX-Product/Transparencies-in-the-Shape-Editor/m-p/17645#M4836

The principle still applies. You must convert the PNG to a different format.

Try with EMF instead of the suggested WMF. I can't make it work with WMF anymore.

Updated steps below.

insert PNG in PowerPoint.

LMeden_5-1723544085931.png

Save as EMF

LMeden_4-1723544037676.png

Open in shape editor

LMeden_2-1723543953827.png

Save as MGS and check the results.

LMeden_6-1723544469031.png