cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove an object from a diagram only (Not repository)

abaidas
Super Contributor

Hi Community,

In IT Infrastructure structure diagram, i copied objects (IT servers, equipements) from another diagram and past them succesfully in my diagram, but when i want to remove an object from the diagram, Hopex shows the popup that will delete the object from the repository.

Is there a way to delete objects from a given diagram only , and keeping them in the repository?

FYI: we are using Hopex IT Architecture V4.

Best Regards

Asmaa

6 Replies

PBessodes
MEGA
MEGA

Not in v4.

It has been done in v5

abaidas
Super Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

To avoid such situation is thier a way to disable copy/past in diagrams?

abaidas
Super Contributor

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your reply.

The options were available but i don't want to delete neither the links nor the object (they are used in other diagram). i just want to take off the object from my diagram.

Thanks PBS, I just tried the cut and it works as well.  

PBessodes
MEGA
MEGA

Hello,

You can "cut" them (CTRL + X).

... but you shouldn't copy/paste element from one diagram to another in Hopex as the repository content may lose its consistency.

To "reuse" object it is better to duplicate described object(for example your IT Infrastructure) and then make the changes.

Regards,

png
MEGA
MEGA

Hi Asmaa,

When you click remove, there should be checkboxes for you to check and uncheck for the deletion. You would want to uncheck the object checkbox and check the specific links/associations checkbox that you want to remove. Were the options not available to you? Can you provide a screenshot?

Thanks,

Philip