cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating an Indicator via a Macro

hsoegaard
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

I am trying to update an Indicator via a calculation macro, but I cant get the actual value updated. But I am strongling to get the correct code. Strangely enough I can update the Status value, but the Actual Value does not get updated. e.g. if I return bag.status = 2 I get the correct status. If I return bag.value = 20, nothinh happens.

Has anyone an example of a calculation macro that updates the Actual Value attribute of an Indicator, and can you share ?

2 Replies

Hi,

No I am actually talking about the old standard Indicator metaclass. Here there is an option to add a calculation macro that can calculate the Actual value and/or the status. There is an old old white paper explaining how to calculate indicators. I just cant get it to update the Actual Value from a macro.

mimperiali
MEGA
MEGA

Hi Henrik,

This is more of a question for the Costu Guru forum I think. Nevertheless, just a few questions to see whether I'm getting your question right:

- I guess you are talking about Key Indicators, available in HOPEX V4, right?

- If the answer to the above is yes, I'm guessing you are trying to update the attribute "Actual Value" via a macro. If this is the case, you should know that this attribute is calculated, so I'm pretty sure updating it via a macro is not an option. What you should do instead is to create Key Indicator values which feed the "Actual Value" attribute.

Hope the info above helps. Otherwise I encourage you to provide additional info and ask the question in our Custo Guru forum.

Best,

Mike