Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Application Server available Hopex Web Fron End Error

Mounika
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hello  ,

We have an Issue in Web Front .

Initially Hopex SSP was unable to recongise the License file and it was throiwng error stating that License is not installed.

Later , I found that the issue is because the Hopex SSP is running with Local System user and due to group policy restrictions it is unable to find read the License file , So i have change the log on user of service from Local User to FUnctional user .

Now , the SSP is running fine , I am able to Hopex Login page but after selecting the profile and after clicking login it throing up error stating that Server is Not available .

COuld some one help me out on this.

10 Replies

Hi,

It is also a recommendation to change the "WatchDog" in Services to run the same impersonate account as HOPEX SSP.

If you still encountering the issue after the changes, feel free to submit a case to Support and we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks!

Philip 

Hi,

Change the SSP service and SSP related Application pool to execute with the same impersonation account you leverage for the "Hopex" Application pool/site (assuming you provided the impersonation account with all the outlined permissions from our documentation 🙂 )

Hope that helps.

Hi, 

I have the same problem, @Mounika  could you help me, the ssp service runs with local system and the impersonate user has the permissions on the folders and belongs to the IIS_IUSRS group.

Any suggestion?

Hi ,

FInally it worked , Thanks for all your suggestions .

The Issue was with the User Permissions and after getting all the required permissions , it start working .

I agree that ssp should have highest privilage. Initially it was working fine with local system, but later the company policies has changed and we cant use local system as service log on.
Thats the reason i changed it to impersonate user and i am getting this error now.
ERROR : Can't reach mwas node is the error

The SSP is launched by a windows service that need to have the highest privilege.  It is has you refer to "Local System" user.

i'm attaching 2 screenshots of how it is default installed.

Thanks for your reply,
I have a question here,
I have changed the hopex Server Supervisor, Hopex MWAS and HopexRedisBackEnd service log on to impersonate user.
Because as per policy restrictions we cant use local system for those services.
So, now in application pool does MEGA SSP should be run by local system or do i need to change it to impersonate user?

Hello,

The screenshot are helping to understand. Could you also share the screenshot of the impersonification users in windows ? In which group is it ?

In fact in your screenshot the application pool "HOPEX" is stopped. It happens when there is an issue with the impersonficiation user :

• invalid credentials
  • wrong group on the impersonification users

We also see in your IIS screenshot a weird element. The impersonification user for HOPEX and HOPEXMWAS are not the same : particularly weird to see "LocalSystem".

I'm sharing some screenshot of how my IIS application pool are configured as well as my impersonification user.

Hi,
When you say functional user, I am assuming you are talking about impersonate user which needs to be a domain user (recommended), also have certain permissions and membership of the “IIS_IUSRS” group on the HOPEX server.

This user also needs to have certain permissions (as shown in the attached screenshot) on Installation folder, environment folder, temporary folder and also on the license folder (important) - see the attached screenshot.

Also when you have "changed the log on user of service from Local User to FUnctional user", you also have to change the users in application pool of IIS (scnreenshot attached).

I would also suggest to follow the installation document to find it anything else is missing.

"Web Front-End Single-Server Installation Guide HOPEX V2R1 EN"
Regards,
Asim

RGenin
Trusted Contributor

We are trying to run HopexV3 Cp2 in our DEV environment and we have the exact same issues, and we did the same steps as you did.

HopexV2R1 was running fine. ..(UAS never worked for us, so we changed again the DelegatedLogin value to 0 in web.config of Hopex (in inetpub) )