cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover objects not dispatched from the transactions log

haddad_i
Super Contributor

Dear community,

We are working on a GBMS repository mode (file mode). Can anyone explain how to exploit the transaction files (.MGL) that are created in the folder \server_path\..\Db\Repository\Repository.Transactions ?

I can see several .MGL files containing all transactions from the different users working on our environment.

I would like to know:

- When are those files created ? Why are there several files per user ?

- In case of a dispatch problem, can I use the right transaction file (.mgl) and import it into the model to recover from work losses ?

- When are these files cleaned from the server ?

Regards,

Ismael

4 Replies

Raj_G
New Contributor

Hello haddad_i,

You can see/find specific .MGL file using object dispatched time (from history) and _HexaIdAbs .

In the object history, you will find dispatched time , user details under the dispatch column. So, You can choose the right .MGL file based on dispatched date, time and find the object _HexaIdAbs in that .MGL file. 

OR

You can import that specific .MGL file into MEGA and find the specific object modifications from repository properties (File --> Properties) under "Updates" ->  "Target" (Object) 

Thanks,

Raj

haddad_i
Super Contributor

Hello Raj_G,

thank you for your answer. I tried to identify the specific .MGL file that contains the objects created during a specific working session to import it into MEGA. The problem is that I am not able to find the right MGL file because:

1) there are a lot of MGL files per user

2) the contents of MGL are not very clear to read

Thank you anyway

Regards

If you have a scenario where data is lost, please open a case so that we can perform further investigations.

Additional comments

1) GBMS storage is deprecated.

It is recommende to used SQL server/Oracle storage.

2) Data and logs are stored elsewhere.

Stored in Data files (EMB, EMS) for GBMS storage

Stored in database server for SQL server/Oracle storage

3) Such files are created because the backup logfile feature is enabled.

See http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=501570000017kD4AAI

Jerome

Raj_G
New Contributor

Hello Ismael,

All the user logfiles will be places in \server_path\..\Db\Repository\Repository.logs folder.

If you want to recover any specific data/objects of users, you can import directly .MGL files based on object hisory.

Repository.Transaction files will create at MEGA login time. 

- In case of a dispatch problem, can I use the right transaction file (.mgl) and import it into the model to recover from work losses ?

>> Yes, for object the recovery, you can use server_path\..\Db\Repository\Repository.logs folder .MGL files.

- When are these files cleaned from the server ?

>> As per my knowledge, there is no automate jobs in MEGA for cleaning these log files. You have to do it manually.

Thanks,

Raj