cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous Link "(MappingItem/Mapped Element Right)

acanicio
Super Contributor

Hello everybody,

After saving and publishing my new metamodel (not yet compiled) I'm coming across this error :

<<

Erroneous Link "(MappingItem/Mapped Element Right)",a conflict exists with Link "(MappingItem/Diagram)".
Slave "Elément de correspondance" is the same for both

>>

I have created :

- a new metamodel

- a new DiagramType

- 19 new MetaClasses with their respective DiagramTypeObjects

-  4 new MetaAssociations with their respective DiagramTypeLinks

-  added new shapes and used existing ones

This error seems generic, as I see no "absolute" object.
Is there a way to understand what is wrong ?
Is it one of the Metaclass/Diagram MetaAssociations that I added ?

Thank you
Best regards
Axel

3 Replies

acanicio
Super Contributor

Hello everybody,

I still have this issue and I don't understand why, as the incriminated objects are pure mega objects, which haven't been touched in any way.

Here is the compilation report :

<<
#[(06/02/2018 21:24:28) C:\Users\Public\Documents\MEGA HOPEX V1R2\DQAP Dev (Traduire et Compiler) Administrator
Translate and compile (Français): MetaModel, Technical data, DiagramType, MetaTreeNode, MetaPicture
Compilation error of [MetaClass]Diagram (66EA670B2C0F0017):
Erroneous Link "(MappingItem/Mapped Element Right)",a conflict exists with Link "(MappingItem/Diagram)".
Slave "Elément de correspondance" is the same for both - apibufli.cpp(130) 0x8012
Slave "Elément de correspondance" is the same for both - apibufli.cpp(130) 0x8012
Link "(MappingItem/Mapped Element Right)" can not be added to Link decription for MetaClass "Diagramme". - apibufli.cpp(390) 0x8012
>>

Here are two screencaps of the Metaassociation tab of metaclass whose name is "Elément de correspondance", which seems to be the origin of the problem :
MetaoppositeAssociationEnd :Element_de_correspondance.MetaAssociation.MetaOppositeAssociationEnd.jpg

SuperMetaAssociationEnd :

Element_de_correspondance.MetaAssociation.SuperMetaAssociationEnd.jpg

And a screencap of the Characteristics tab of the MetaAssociation called "MappingItem/Diagram" :

MappingItem.Diagram.Caracteristiques.Standard..jpg

I'm kind of desperate, as it's the only error left that keeps me from making my new metamodel and diagram type available for users.

FWIW, in the production environment, these objects are identical and do not provoke errors when compiled...

Thank you

Best regards
Axel

Dear Philippe,

Thank you very much for your reply !

I think I found it but I am not sure.
I did not find the "MappingItem" metaassociation but I think I may have found a situation that could trigger the error.
Looking at the diagram below (made specificaly to create the Diagram metaassociations with the new metaclasses), you can see that the metaclass "DSI_Imprimante_Multifonction" inherits from 3 other metaclasses (non abstract) :
- DSI_Imprimante

- DSI_Scanner

- DSI_Telecopieur

All of them must be able to be displayed in my DiagramType, that is why I created a specific metaassociation with the "Diagramme" metaclass for each.
Maybe I should remove one of them ?

_CopieEcran_2018_2_2_8_29_44_745.jpg

Thanks again !

Best regards

Axel

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

Hi Axel,

Did you create one of the MetaAssociations in the error? If so, try renaming the MetaAssociationEnds (from the error, likely the one called "MappingItem"). I've experienced this in past where I created a new MetaAssociation, where one of the MetaClasses was a sub-type of an Abstract MetaClass that already had an association with the opposite MetaClass.

Philippe