cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create Business capabilities as Business Architect

jangm
Trusted Contributor

I can create Business capabilities as Enterprise architect or IT Architecture Functional Administrator, create maps and so on. When I switch to Business Architect profile I don't see any capabilities or maps nor can I create new ones. Clicking on "New" button does nothing. Am I missing something?

Empty Business Capabilities.png

 

4 Replies

jangm
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I already got the answer so it's not a bug. Anyway, we are on V 3.00.04.

Thanks,

jang

jangm
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, this explains why I don't see capabilities. But going through all this is complicated. I just wanted to get SWOT report and some impact analysis on the project and all this Enterprise and Working environment is overkill for our project. We are consultants working for different clients and I thought that getting SWOT and some analysis would be nice for this client. I might just skip all this, do SWOT in excel and focus on the project - process improvement, quality issues and digitalization.

Or do you have any other suggestions how to get SWOT and stakeholder impact analysis?

thanks,

jang

OLeGuellec
MEGA
MEGA

Hi,

Using the Business Architecture desktop, you would need to create a Working Environment from an Enterprise and assign users to this working environment.

This Working Environment makes the Enterprise the 'entry point' to the desktop so that inventories only show the building block which are owned or referenced by the root enterprise.

This behavior was specific to the Business Architecture / IT Strategy 'strategic planning' desktop and was not reconducted  in the IT Business Management solution which now supersedes theses two solutions.

The documentation is split between the using solution (Business Architecture or IT Strategy) and the 'common features' section.

hope this helps

cc @PBessodes 

dingalls
Retired

Hi Jangm,

I'd like to assist you with this inquiry. What version are you encountering this behavior in? (please provide the full build number so that we may check that version).

Was this "New" button working previously for the Business Architect profile and now it is no longer working? If so please provide details as to what has changed with regards to your Hopex Installation. 

Thanks, 

David