cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with external program connecting to MEGA

SVanSchoonlandt
Honored Contributor

Hi all,

I could use some help with a problem we have after trying out to install the MEGA software on the client PC via wansetup.

Before we executed this, we had an external program in VBA in excel which connected to MEGA to retrieve some information on the usage of objects by the end users. Now after the installation, the program is throwing an error when trying to connect to MEGA. The error we receive is the following

runtime error 430 : class does not support automation. The error is thrown on the statement Set megaDb = currEnv.GetRoot

I have changed the references to point to the local installed dll but that is not solving the issue. I did a regserver also, but we keep on receiving this error message.

Anyone an idea how we can get this solved?

thanks

stijn

4 Replies

Hello Stijn

This does not seem to be a known issue and would require investiguations.

If you still meet the issue, please open a case

Jerome

I tried to attach the error message but does not seem to work

I indeed executed a regserver with unc path to the server

mtenzali
Retired

Hi,

If i well understood the issue is that the external program worked correctly until you installed the wan setup program.

the error appears when the program tries to get the repository (Set megaDb = currEnv.GetRoot).

have you performed a regserver using a UNC path that points on the server installation ?

something like this:

"\\ServerName\MEGA\MEGA 2009 SP5\System\mgwmapp.exe" /regserver

Mohamed

PS: further explanation + screenshots are much appreciated 🙂