cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users and license permissions lost when I upgrade from V1R3 CP16 to V2

clairestrebM_T
Super Contributor

According to http://community.mega.com/t5/Forum-HOPEX-Product/Upgrade-from-V1R2-to-V2/m-p/15858#M4486, after completing the install and migration to V1R3 CP16, I proceeded with the uninstall and install to V2.

My users were gone!

My router.ini file got wiped out except for the application user, and I lost all of the other users. I copied them back in from the backup I had, but all of the users' license permissions are gone.

This was done in a staging environment.

1) How can I circumvent this from happening when I go to V2 in production?

2) Are there any other gotchas like this that I don't see documentation for?

Thanks!

5 Replies

Found the environments in megasite.ini.  The "How to migrate to HOPEX V2 EN.pdf" says to back this up, but I do not see where we were told to paste the data into V2's megasite.ini.

Jerome, As far as the environments are concerned, I found a fullPath/V1R2/environmentName folder.  I guess I'm supposed to copy that to fullPath/V2/environmentName, or am I supposed to set fullPath/V1R2 in a file somewhere?  Is there a document that describes this and your licenses reply?

Hi Jerome, yes it was the same machine.  Yes, the users and license permissions are inside HOPEX, not SQL Server.  It sounds like I need to make a Support case.  Thanks.

clairestrebM_T
Super Contributor

My environments are not shown in Administration.exe either, although my SQL connection is successful.

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello ClairestrbM_T

When you talk about users and user license permission, I assume you do not talk about users registed in the systemdb (and stored in SQL server or Oracle). I doubt then can disappear so easily ;).

I assume you talk about must license configuration (possible user, assigmnent to a license).
These settings are file based. They should not disappear easily but if you change teh machine used and did not backup/restore them, you may not find them on the target machine.

Let use assume I have a must license Licence-Y9999.must saved on \\W-JHR-NEW\_Licenses
At runtime, subfolders will be created
\\W-JHR-NEW\_Licenses\Licence-Y9999\TOKEN
\\W-JHR-NEW\_Licenses\Licence-Y9999\USERS
+ a file \\W-JHR-NEW\_Licenses\Licence-Y9999\Router.ini

-> If you have access to the source machine, get these files.

Jerome