cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserted Image using Shape Editor is not Visible

simikadampatta
Trusted Contributor

Hello All,

I created a new MGS File by inserting an image using the Shape Editor and saved it in the folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\MEGA\HOPEX V4\Mega_Std\pictures.7600\method

I also copied the inserted image to MEGA_usr folder as suggested in the following threads: 

https://community.mega.com/t5/HOPEX-Forum/Imported-image-in-shape-editor-is-always-white/m-p/16281

and

https://community.mega.com/t5/HOPEX-Forum/Shape-Editor-Add-images-to-an-element/m-p/27529

But I can still see a white box where I inserted and image and saved the MGS File.

simikadampatta_0-1680002318519.png

simikadampatta_1-1680002429582.png

Why could this be happening?
I also tried by importing WMF file instead of PNG but it is not working either.

7 Replies

I contacted MEGA Support and the following solution received from them worked for me:

Instead of inserting an external image using the 'Insert' option in Shape editor, take a screenshot (by using snipping tool) to capture the external image you want to import. Copy the image from the snipping tool and paste (Ctrl+V) it directly onto the Shape editor screen. Save the image as MGS file using 'Save As' to Mega_usr folder.

I am not sure I understand. I also tried with WMF and got the same result.

Could you please elaborate? How should I go about this, when the client wants to add a new Shape for IT Device?

The main difference is that you are replacing a vectorial object by a PNG. Not sure it behave as you expect.

Steps Followed: (screenshots attached)

1. I took a backup of an existing MGS file and opened the file in Shape Editor. Removed the image I wanted to replace with the new image.

2. Insert -> Shape

3. Selected the .png file I wanted to insert. (The same steps were done earlier for a .WMF file)

4. The image was inserted.

5. Using "Save As", saved the file with new name in the path : C:\Program Files (x86)\MEGA\HOPEX V4\Mega_Std\pictures.7600\method

-> The .png file is present in the Mega_usr folder

Issue in Windows Front-End: On opening the mgs file I just saved on Shape Editor, the inserted image is missing.

simikadampatta_0-1680007758087.png

Issue on Web: The new Shape is present in the Hopex Web Client and I can see the shape after adding it in the diagram. But the displayed icon contains the empty white box.

simikadampatta_1-1680007841262.png

Share some screenshot Of the step you follow. Otherwise it will be difficult to help you.

Hi, I referred to the post https://community.mega.com/t5/HOPEX-Forum/Transparencies-in-the-Shape-Editor/m-p/17645 which mentioned saving the image to the Mega_std folder.

I am unable to share the MGS file via upload option in the community.

oguimard
Retired

Hello,

First you should never put any custom file here : C:\Program Files (x86)\MEGA\HOPEX V4\Mega_Std\pictures.7600\method

but in the Mega_Usr folder as suggested.

Could you share your MGS file ? Maybe what you do is not allowed ?

What could happens as well is that there is a script to positionned the shape. This script probably resize your image and you don't see it anymore