cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start workflow dynamically for Mega Object (Workflow Subject) using MEGA API

kartik_jalla
New Contributor

What I have done so far :
Using "Workflow Start meta command" macro I am able to start the workflow, but in the immediate workflow start wizard I am unable to auto fill workflow subject dynamically.

This is because, I am using default meta command of start workflow of respective 'Workflow definition" where  :
mgRoot.WorkflowEngine.WorkflowInstanceCreator().Instanciate

is directly popping start workflow wizard, so I don't see any source to already fill in 'Workflow subject'.

Is there any other way to trigger workflow for 'workflow subject' dynamically ?

Thanks,
Kartik Jalla

2 Replies

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Let me explain what I wanted to achieve :
When I create any object on MEGA, soon after creation of the object it should automatically trigger to validation request through workflow.
I do not want to explicitly send validation request workflow by again standing on the created object --> Rclick---> Request for validation (workflow).

So, with the help of object creation MetaWizard only I am triggering workflow instance using respective workflow definition.
Here, when I trigger this workflowinstanceCreator().Intanciate it simply opens workflow wizard where I need to again fill in my created object manually. But, I want to auto fill in created object dynamically.

Any suggestions ??

hsoegaard
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi,

What do mean when you say that you want the workflow to be run dynamically ? Automatically start workflow each time you create an instance of a specific metaclass ? If so, you can just set that behaviour directly in the properties of workflow definition