cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granting access to change the "Writing Access Area at Creation" as

chekm8
Contributor

Hello, I am working on a V1R2 CP12 version of MEGA.   We are in the process of upgrading but not there yet.  

As the default "Administrator" account I am able to change/set the "Writing Access Area at Creation" under the "Characteristics" tab of a particular user through the HOPEX - Administration utility.  We have a "MEGA Administrator" role defined and when I assign the role to a user I want them to be able to have the same permissions as the default Administrator account however I cannot find out how to grant the permission to change/set the  "Writing Access Area at Creation".  When I log in as a user that has the "MEGA Administrator" role and click the arrow the menu options that appear are greyed out.

I'd appreciate any guidance in granting my "MEGA Adminstrator" role the proper access.  Thanks in Advance.

1 Reply

dingalls
Retired

I discussed this inquiry with our Services Team and they let me know this is not possible with roles. They also said that even if it were possible it would not be recommended to give multiple different users administrator rights as this could cause many other issues. 
They recommend just logging in with your current Administrator account if you want to modify the Writing Access Area field.