cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Link from Repository once disconnected from a Diagram

mostafafad
Super Contributor

Hello Everyone

I have a client who needs a link to be disconnected from the repository once disconnected from a Diagram. 

For example: If I add an Organization Process to an Organizationl Process Diagram it creates a link under "Organizational Process Used", I need this to be disconnected when clicking delete on the keyboard.

Is there a way to customize this or is it a platform behavoir which we cannot change?

Thank you,

Mostafa

1 Reply

jcamara
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I performed a quick search in our knowledgebase and found the following information related to the "del" key:

There is not a unique behavior, it varies with objects types.

Default behavior is the cut behavior:

By default pressing the key 'Del' in a diagram will cut the object from the diagam.

However this behavior can be overloaded

In such cases, pressing the key 'Del' in a diagram will cut the object from the diagam.

It can be configureed if the object is not supposed to be reused.

Overloading the default behavior:

This is an expert configuration. This is part of the diagram configuration layer.

It is performed for a type of object in a type of diagram (DiagramTypeObject, ex: for org-units in flowcharts)

It can not be set for a type of diagram or for the whole environment.

Note that user may be confused if the behavior is not consistent throughout diagram types or within a diagram type.

This required a wider methodological analysis

Procedure:

• Identifty the appropriate DiagramTypeObject
  • R click > Properties tab 'Characteristics'
  • Configure the property 'DiagramTypeObject DeleteOnDelKey' 
    Possible values
    • Yes: pressing the key 'Del' in a diagram will delete the object from the repository.
    • No (default): pressing the key 'Del' in a diagram will cut the object from the diagram.

Examples:

Pressing the key 'Del' in a diagram will delete the object from the repository

• System Process Diagram, MetaClass 'Task'

FAQs

What is the list of displayed object where the behavior is 'Delete'?

You can use the following query (MEGA 2009)

Select [DiagramTypeObject] Where [DiagramTypeObject DeleteOnDelKey]="1"

What is the list of displayed object where the behavior is 'Cut'?

You can use the following query (MEGA 2009)

Select [DiagramTypeObject] Where ([DiagramTypeObject DeleteOnDelKey]="0" Or [DiagramTypeObject DeleteOnDelKey] Is Null)

With HOPEX Web Front-End, in the popup menu of an object displayed in a diagram, there is no menu 'Cut'!

You can use the 'Del.' key to remove the object from the diagram but not from the repository.

If you want to delete the object from the repository, use the menu item 'Delete'.

The kbase number is 00002823, in case you were wondering Smiley Happy

I hope that helped!

JCAMARA