cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dataset definition report - Using a query with 2 variables

mrajih_DTCC
Super Contributor

Hi,

I would like to use a query with 2 variables in a report dataset definition.

The root object is an application, but one of the columns will list org units.

The query is working correctly when I launch it manually as it request for both values to be captured (1 application and 1 org unit), but the report dataset definition seems  to not like it.

Is it possible? can you please share a workaround if not ?

Thank you

Mehdi

4 Replies

Using the "Parameter Name" value solved indeed my issue. I'm able to create the collection with that name in any query and use it later in any other leg of the report dataset.

Thank you very much for your help

Mehdi

bzambeaux
MEGA
MEGA

Hi,

Yes it should work if your collection have the right parameter name:

bzambeaux_0-1650526882397.png

in your case : 

Application for the collection of application

Orgunit for the collection of org unit

mrajih_DTCC
Super Contributor

Hi,

I created a report dataset definition with the following structure :

Root - Application

Level 1 - list of Org Units using the flowing query : Select Org-Unit Where Assigned Participant.BPMN Element:Operation.System Used.System                             Specification:Application &Application

Level 1.1 - list of Org processes using this query : Select Operation into @OP Where (System Used.System Specification:Application &Application and Participant.Assignment:Org-Unit &Orgunit) Select Organizational Process Where Operation in @OP

Is it the solution you suggested above ?

Thank you

bzambeaux
MEGA
MEGA

Hi mehdi,

Yes it is possible if the query is on a collection that is a child collection of your org-unit collection. Be careful to use the right parameter names in your queries. This name is the one that you give for your org-unit collection.