cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate GBMS environnement to RDBMS environnement ?

anism
Contributor

Please i need differents steps to do it .

i have an SQL SERVER Machine 2 and an old intallation of MEGA in Gbms in other server 1

I want to migrate the old GBMS environnement in server 1 to RDBMS environnement in server 2.

Thks

2 Replies

dingalls
Retired

Please see the procedure below. I have also attached an extract from our online documenation regarding this process. 

Transfer data from GBMS storage to RDBMS storage: Procedure:
- Run the MEGA Administration program
- Open the appropriate environment.
- Select the appropriate repostiory.
- R click > Reorganize
- Select desired storage type as 'Target storage support'
- Click 'Test' and enter connexion information
- Click 'OK'
- Wait until the reorganization processing is finished. Result:
- A new repository (different idabs) is created in the environement with the following naming rule:
<repository source name> <Target storage support>
Example: 'Adventure Oracle' Transfer data from GBMS storage to SQL Server storage: Note: the links and links properties to _database are not considered. As a consequence it is necessary to configure manually user repository access (example: access in read only mode). Procedure:
- Run the MEGA Administration program
- Open the appropriate environment.
- Select the appropriate repostiory.
- R click > Reorganize
- Select desired storage type as 'Target storage support'
- Click 'Test' and enter connexion information
- Click 'OK'
- Wait until the reorganization processing is finished. Result:
- A new repository (different idabs) is created in the environement with the following naming rule:
<repository source name> <Target storage support>
Example: 'Adventure SQLServer' if the source repository is 'Adventure'
- A new database is created/used in the SQL Server instance with the following naming rule:
<environment name>_<repository source name> <Target storage support>
Example: 'Demonstration_Adventure SQLServer' if the source repository is 'Adventure' and ethe environment 'Demontration'. In the 'Connection Parameters (SQL Server)' window if you select 'Use existing SQL Server database' verify that repository exist in SQL Server with the expected name. Verify the data transfer: For user repositories it is recommended to perform a comparison of repositories. You can user the comparison feature available in the MEGA Administration program Procedure (with a MEGA Supervisor license):
- Run MEGA Administration program.
- Open the environment.
- Select the folder 'Repositories'.
- R click > Compare.
- Select the source repository (repository in GBMS storage format).
- Select the target repository (new repository in RDBMS storage format).
- Check the option 'Exhaustive comparison of all repository objects'
- Click 'OK' to trigger the comparison If the comparison report displays no difference you can consider that all data have been transferred.
- Exit the MEGA Administration program.

hsoegaard
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi,

If I recall correctly you need to use the Reorganize funtion on the GBMS repository in order to change it to an SQL type.