cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

METATREE Configuration : prevent navigation of certain abstract metaclasses

SVanSchoonlandt
Honored Contributor

I have a question regarding METATREE configurations.

I want to hide/disable navigation in the METATREE for objects linked to the metaclass Risk via the abstract metaclass element at risk. We do not want to allow navigation to risk objects via all elements at risk. It should only be possible via a business process and not via for example an organizational process.

Is this possible? If so, how can we achieve this?

thanks

stijn

2 Replies

Hey Jerome,

thanks for the reply.

Solution 1 is unfortunately not an option.

Solution 2 ; I thought indeed that it would not be something that we can do easily. I'll have a look into the possibility to filter the metaclass, I was looking into the docs to find how to filter but could not find it. With the link you provided I might be able to configure it.

Will MEGA provide in future releases a mechanism to easily filter out certain classes obtained via a generic/abstract metaassocation? I do think that the abstract metaclass mechanism is great, however from time to time it just impacts to many concrete metaclasses.

Regards

stijn

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello Stijn

Once browsing (Navigation behaviour) is enabled for a generic MetaAssociation or a concrete MetaAssociation set as restriction of this generic MetaAssociation, the configuration applies to all SubMetaClass of the abstract MetaClass (such as Element at Risk)

It is not easy at all to bypass this.

1) If more generally, you dont want to manage association between certain MetaClasses (ex: Organizational Process) and Risks, you can consider to disconnect such MetaClasses from 'Element at risk'

This is quite easy.

2) If is not a general rule, you can consider to

• Disable Navigation behaviour for the  generic MetaAssociation '(Element at risk/Risk)'
  • Customize the Metatree objects involved and configure explicitely navigation

If there is a concrete MetaAssociation (ex: '(Business Process/Risk)'), you can quote it in the configuration

If there is no concrete MetaAssociation (ex: 'System Used'), you will have to quote the generic MetaAssociation in the configuration and filter the undesired MetaClasses

This is a  heavy work.

In any cases, changing the standard configuration an expert work.

It must be tuned carefully, checked and documented. It may not work in a future version

See also

http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=501D0000000Lf3pIAC

Jerome