cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users should be able to view the populated data in a MetaAttribute and edit it if needed

simikadampatta
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

There are a few fields I want to display on a PropertyPage. I want data from already existing fields to be copied into these fields. I tried making use of  calculated MetaAttributes but I want the fields to remain editable by a particular Profile. 

Attaching screenshot for your reference.

I have the MetaAttribute 'Scope of Application (RO)'.

The value is computed by copying the value from a different MetaAttribute called 'Scope of Application'.

However, user cannot edit 'Scope of Application (RO)' since it is a calculated MetaAttribute.

I want users to see the computed value of the MetaAttribute and edit it, if needed.

Please help.

2 Replies

hsoegaard
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi,

By definition, a calculated attributees is, wait for it ...., calculated. You might be able to accomplish what you need by having a third attribute that is hidden. This attributes would be calculated, and the implementing macro could check if the field 'Scope of Application (RO)' is empty and update it. If the field is not empty it is not updated.

LMeden
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hello,

I cannot see this being possible with the method you describe. If you edit a computed valued it will be overwritten next time the value is computed.
Not sure if this will work, but you could try and create a Data Access Rule with a Macro. 

data_access_rule.png