Final testing prior to going live to production

TO DO

PROD

Production

V1R2 CP07

DR

Disaster recovery (backup of PROD)

N/A

Our ultimate objective is to upgrade the PROD database and application servers to V2, and I need to document each step that isn't already covered by the HOPEX doc.

I need to initially set the CERT server to be a copy of PROD, then somehow upgrade to V2. 

The previous administrator told me to install V1R2 CP07 on the CERT server, then upgrade to V1R3, then upgrade to V2.  And there is some data migration mixed in there, too.

But, I was reading this http://community.mega.com/t5/Forum-HOPEX-Product/How-to-do-a-proper-reinstallation-of-Hopex-V1R2-CP1..., and I’m wondering if there is a better way.

Can you please advise the best steps to take?

2 Replies

tshepley
Retired

Hi Claire,

This is certainly and interesting question. Given that your are currently using V1R2 CP07. I highly recommend uninstalling that version and install V1R3 CP16. This is because V1R2 CP07 cannot be switch to V1R3. Only CP's 8 and up can be switched to V1R3. After the data is migrated to V1R3, uninstall V1R3 and install V2. Once V2 is properly installed, you are ready to migrate data from V1R3 to V2.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Tom Shepley

Technical Support Engineer

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello

For data migration, see online documentation for HOPEX V2 (http://doc.mega.com/hopex-v2-en), section Installation and Deployment : Installation and Deployment : How to migrate to HOPEX V2 EN

Migration to HOPEX V2 is allowed from HOPEX V1R2-V1R3 CP8.0 or higher CP.

You therefore need to upgrade to HOPEX V1R2 CP08.0 first (data and program upgrade)

See online documentation for HOPEX V2, section Installation and Deployment : Installation and Deployment : How to migrate to HOPEX V2 EN

For programs, you need to unistall HOPEX V1R2, then install HOPEX V2 

See online documentation for HOPEX V2, according to the front end used (windows or web)

• Installation and Deployment : Installation and Deployment : Web Front-End Installation Guide HOPEX V2 EN
  • Installation and Deployment : Installation and Deployment : Windows Front-End Installation Guide HOPEX V2 EN
Jerome