Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended Diagram

AHassan
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi,

HOPEX V2 CP 4

I have an issue where user was modelling and then the diagram was greyed out and suspended (Screenshot attached).

User has seen this error couple of times and it has been happening in different processes.

Any idea what could be the reason?

Regards,

Asim

5 Replies

Hello 

Message 'Suspended Diagram' is a generic message. Difficult to know the cause from this.

I would recommend the usual reflexes

For example if the issue occurs with HOPEX V2 CP04.0

Apply last hotfix available for the CP,  ex: hotfix 04.22 or higher on CP04.0

If issue persist, test update to last CP, ex CP06.0 (note that a CP07.0 will be release end of September 2018)

If the issue persist open a case with support so that we can perform further investigations.

Note that R&D investigations are made in the last CP/Update available

Jerome

It never happend after upgrading to V2CP 05. What version of HOPEX do you have?

Did you solve that problem? we've the same issue. 

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for reply.

In my case, user doesn't seem to perform any particular action which is causing this "Suspended" mode. I am not sure even if this is happening due to "Cutting" an object, this behaviour is expected to ensure protection of objects?

Regards,

Asim

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

Hi Asim,

We have noticed this too, often when trying to cut objects from a diagram. Not sure if HOPEX "suspends" the diagram while it's querying the database before executing the user action. We've seen this mainly when cutting one or more objects that appear on many diagrams/relationships with other objects. One thing I did notice in our "Cut" case: when I right-clicked on the object and selected "Cut" right away, the diagram was suspended and didn't recover. When I right-clicked on the object, and waited for the contextual menu to fully load, the cut operation would be much quicker.

Philippe