cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Page & Diagram Creation javascript - on IE8 with restricted Workstation

Fboulart
Super Contributor

Hi there,

I am struggling with the Internet Explorer 8 settings in order to make the Start Page and the Diagram Creation javascripts to run.

The Mega installation file is R/W for the users and is installed locally for 4 users.

Mega is also installed on a shared server.

The local internet explorer settings are set as follows

"allow Active content to run on my computer" checked.

1) Javascript Test:

- If I run a local html page including a piece of javascript code and I run if locally, it works alright.

2) Start Page test: Open Mega

Result:

- The start page shows up nicely when I fire Mega from the shared Server installation

- The start page works when I fire the local installation of Mega with admin rights

- It doesn't work when I launch the local installation of Mega with normal user rights.

3) Question:

Do you have any clue, how I can make that work?

Thanks,

f

2 Replies

Fboulart
Super Contributor

Hi OBories.

Thanks for the answer.

Cheers,

f

OBories
Contributor

Hello,

I had the same problem (on win xp with IE8) there is a case related to that problem : Solution Number: 00002040

It says the following :

In order to resolve the problem it is necessary for each client to add the the UNC path of the
shared server to the 'Trusted Sites' list under the security tab located in the properties of Internet
Explorer 6.0x or 7.x . Configure 'Trusted Sites' in Internet Explorer Procedure:
Run Internet Explorer
Menu Tools > Internet Options...
Click the 'Security' tab then select the 'Trusted Sites' icon.
Next click on the 'Sites' button.
Within the first text box enter the UNC path of the server. Keep in mind only the server
name is necessary not the entire share path.
Click Add.
Click Close.
Close Internet Explorer.
At this point it will possible to open MEGA. The diagram wizard will now work as expected.
Note: Be sure the referenced site (in MEGA) is with the server name as well as (in IE options)
the UNC path used. They must correspond and cannot just be the IP directly or a mapped drive.
In some cases when group policy is enabled the trusted sites menu within IE7 is completely
greyed out and cannot be modified. In this case the trust can be established by modifying the
registry of the client workstation that is attempting to access the environment. These keys can
vary depending on how the policy has been defined at each client site. 1.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings\ZoneMap\Domains 2. Create a new key with the name of the server. For example if the
server is called "usfileserver" the key will be called "usfileserver". 3.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\usfileserver 4. Create new DWORD value – file 5. Change Value
data to 2 6. Close all IE sessions on workstation. 7. Open MEGA.

First part didn't work for me, but the registry modification did the trick.