cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a metaclass available for querying ?

acanicio
Super Contributor

Hello,

I'd like to make queries based on metaclasses I have created, but they don't appear in the query wizard.

I use them in my new diagramtype, but I now need to add a query for some special needs.

Is there some setting I must change in the metaclass for it to appear in the query wizard ?

Thank you !

Pest regards

Axel

3 Replies

acanicio
Super Contributor

Oh bummer !

I just found them.

In fact the metaclasses in the query assistant appear under their _GUIname, and not under their original metaclass name !!

Is there a way to avoid this ?

Best regards
Axel

Hello Philippe,

Thank you for your reply

No, the metaclasses are not abstract, but they inherit (all but four) from ones that are indeed abstract.

The ones that appear in the wizard are simple ones that do not inherit from any other abstract class.

I tried what you suggested, and the abstract metaclasses appeared, but the ones that inherit from them still did not...

Every compile and translate I launch fails because of an error I have already talked about in the forum :
Erroneous Link "(MappingItem/Mapped Element Right) which involves pure mega elements that I have not touched...

Very strange...

Best regards
Axel

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

Hi Axel,

Are these new MetaClass abstract? If so, you may need to set an option in the query assistant to view the abstract MetaModel in the query tool:

- in the query assistant toolbar, you should see an icon that looks like a square with 9 little squares in it

- click on that icon, and select "See abstract MetaModel" (it's the last of the 4 sub-menu items)

If not, I'm at a bit of loss: at a minimum those MetaClasses should be visible after running a translate and compile on the environment.

Philippe