cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopex v4.0 Datamart

Schroll
New Contributor

We have tried to implement the Hopex v4.0 datamart, and it seems to work perfectly with 50-100 applications a small number of diagrams and processes.... but when we add 13000 applications, 25000 - 30000 diagrams, 30000 processes etc.... we start to see issues.

With very few objects like 50-100 applications it takes around 25 minutes to synchronize the datamart.

With 13000 applications, 25000 - 30000 diagrams, 30000 processes etc. it takes forever, it actually never finish the synchronization.

Is there anybody that have implemented the Hopex v4.0 datamart with success?

2 Replies

jcamara
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

If you are still encountering performance based issues with your DataMart/Environment deployment, I'd also recommend you update to the latest offical Corrective Pack (CP) which is currently CP5, including the latest Hotfix (HF). There were specific improvements for slow incremental updates, assuming that is where you are seeing the issue. 

Also, if you aren't already doing so, I'd recommend that you follow our performance best practices and:

1. Confirm you do not have any current/open workspaces that are greater than 7-10 days

2. Are executing the our default Sql Stored procedures on all repositories night (for over 10 users) or weekly (for less)

3. Have scheduled Sql Maintenance plans in accordance with our documentation.

You can find details under the "SQL Server Support" section of our online "RDBMS Repository Installation Guide"

jcamara_0-1640812883464.png

I hope that helps!

dingalls
Retired

Hello,

Im not sure if you are running base V4 or one of the CPs but i would recommend that you upgrade to that latest CP and Hotfix of V4 (CP3) to receive the most current fixes and then test again. Perform the Initialize Structure and Data to create the Datamart. Then for subsequent syncs choose Synchronize > Incremental update. 

If after this you still have difficulty populating the Datamart i would recommend you open up a Support case so that we can investigate the issue further for you.

Thanks,

David 

Mega Technical Support