cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopex V3 - Message 'Creating a new Mega Database is not allowed'

mrajih
Super Contributor

Hi,

Can I use .bak files to create a new DB, then from Administration.exe tool we create a new environment and link the newly created DB to it?

Or, do I have to create a blank environment first, then restore the DB using .bak files?

I went with the first option and I get this error: "'Creating a new Mega Database is not allowed'"

Thanks

Mehdi

3 Replies

No problem. If all you are trying to perform is a "copy" of your existing V3 based environment then I'd recommend using the bak files of the source SystemDb and data repositories to restore on the 2017 Sql server then, you could leverage our online documentation to "restore" it:

Untitled.png

 

Hope That helps!

mrajih
Super Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply.

As part of the V1-V3 migration, a new DB server was provided to me, with a new SQL Server version (2017), the previous DB server was SQL Server 2012. 

So far I'm still using the 2012 environment that I have migrated to V3, but I would like to switch to the new DB server.

Whats the best practice in this case ?

Mehdi

jcamara
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

You can create a new environment and link it to a restored database (Using the bak that you described), but I'd caution that if you cannot confirm the source environment's SystemDB does not match the New Environment's, you could encounter strange anomalies.

It mught be better if we understand the goal of this exercise so we could provide you with the best advice/guidance. Could you share the vision 🙂 ?

Thanks.