cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR081 - Can't find daily supervision Data File

mberthier
MEGA
MEGA

I just installed V5 CP4 HF11 on a client's server, and upon trying to open the Supervisor window I am met with the following error :

ERR081 - Can't find daily supervision Data File

Note that the icon for Supervisor is the old "hierarchy"-looking icon (a person with 3 persons below them), as opposed to a cog icon which I believe to be the new one. Also, the daily supervision file really is available in the Logs folder, so I'm quite confused. No megaerr logs are created upon getting this error. Any ideas ?

8 Replies

After some consideration and exchange, I found out that Supervisor is actually a separate module that is not present by default on HOPEX instances.

https://store.mega.com/modules/details/hopex.supervisor?prerelease=False

I wrongly assumed that it should be present after any installation.

The final verdict seems to be that I tried to run a residual version of the component (probably not supposed to be there), when in reality I should have installed the HOPEX Server Supervisor module on the instance and run this instead.

I got the info from the Account Manager. More precisely, Hopex Server Supervisor was not included with their installation. That is, "Supervisor.exe" (old) was present, but not "Hopex Server Supervisor.exe". So the presence of this component must be dependent on individual client licensing based on what I observe.

I'm surprise by your analyse. TO my knowledge the Server Supervisor is not blocked by any licenses. 

mberthier
MEGA
MEGA

It turns out that HOPEX Supervisor was not included in the client's licence, thus leading to this error. Hopefully such error messages can become more explicit in future versions of HOPEX to avoid confusion. Thank you for your help in investigating !

No, this is a new client

Are you in a case where you had previous version of HOPEX (V3/V4) installed on this laptop/server ?

mberthier
MEGA
MEGA

Yes, here are 3 screenshots of the steps I follow and the result (obtained at step 2).

oguimard
Retired

Hello, can you share some screenshot of your problem ?