Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataBase List on connection window

SMAINIL
Super Contributor

Hi there,

I have a question about the database combobox  present in the connection window

Currently, in the Mega version we are using (2009 Sp5 P5), users can type whatever they want in that field .

If they enter a value which is not corresponding to an existing environment's database, they receive the first message linked to that subject.

But unfortunately their account are blocked. if they try to choose a database using th combobox they now receive the message like my second attachment

Is there a way to prevent users to enter value in that field, like it was in Mega 2005?

Thanks for your help

Stephane

2 Replies

SMAINIL
Super Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

We have planned to upgrade Mega this year.

selhatimi
MEGA
MEGA

hi Stephane,

i confirm that i have reproduced the same behavior with MEGA 2009 Sp5 Cp5, in fact after having tried to connect to unexacting repository a systemDB transaction is created which prevent the user to open a new transaction.

This behavior has been fixed in mega version 2009 Sp5 Cp9.0, even if it still possible to enter a text in combo box the users are no more blocked to open a new transaction after having selected an exacting database.

Normally the uses must select automatically a database using the combobox in the connection window.

Sami