cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion from Business Process to Organizational process?

iharstrom
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi all

We have a customer reworking  their process architecture and  have a significant number of Business Processes that will need to be changed into Organizational Processes. The Business processes, both are  in diagrams and have diagrams describing them.

As I understand  there is no standard functionality performing the transformation from BusinessProcess to OrganizationalProcess in the  same manner as from Organizational-Process to Tasks.

I  am wondering if anyone here have any experience with this, or with converting MetaClasess? Is any way to perform a batch conversion of  objects? Either in MEGA through some import/export process or by scripting?

With Regards

Isak  

Bizcon

Isak Härström

2 Replies

RGenin
Trusted Contributor

Hi, 

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I was wondering if anyone has built that macro to batch convert Functional processes (now value streams) into organizational processes ?

What would be the different steps in doing so ?

We have quite a lot of value streams diagrams and redoing every single one of them would be a hassle.

We have already cloned business functions into organizational units, so at least the participants would have a 1:1

Thanks a lot, 

Raphaël.

hsoegaard
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Yes we do 🙂

Create a macro that runs the conversion. This has been done earlier when converting from MEGAs old notation into BPMN notation.