cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open cursor link (TimeDependentObject/TimePeriod)

ToddDavey
Super Contributor

Hi All,

I have made an extension in HOPEX V4 CP2.

The extension draws a link between MetaClass Information Item and Time Dependent Element.  What this should do is allow me to capture lifecycle on an Information Item. 

ToddDavey_0-1644197425007.png

In the Windows client (not the Web Client), when I pull up a list of the Information Items I get the error:

ToddDavey_1-1644198168656.png

I don't get this error for Content.

What makes this even stranger is that I get the error in my Development and Production environments but not in my Test environment.  I have tried moving configurations and data from Test to Development but the error persists.  I have compared everything I can think of comparing between the environments as well as between Content and Information Item and nothing seems to remove the error.

I have also noticed that in Dev and Prod the Information Item Icon is not displayed whereas it is in Test.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this?  

Thanks.

4 Replies

Yes, thar is straight forward. Just a matter of adding the new meta class to the correct abstract meta class. If I remember correct something like “Timed Object…”

ToddDavey
Super Contributor

I found the problem.

I added a new Timed Object Type to capture Information Item, and on that I assigned the Information Item MetaPicture.  Wrong move apparently.

HOPEX didn't like the Information Item MetaPicture for some strange reason and threw up a completely non related error message. Strange, but I am finding all manner of things like that.

Has anyone extended the metamodel to include the Object Life relationship on another class?

ToddDavey
Super Contributor

Has anyone experienced this before, or have any ideas on how I can solve this?

It was a rather simple extension when I did it for Content, and I have followed the same procedure.