cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting the calculated durations within the Object Life

ToddDavey
Super Contributor

Hi,

When you Initialise an Object Life you enter the Production Start and End Dates and the Preparation and Retirement dats are automatically calculated.  Is there a configuration that allows you to change the amount of time for each phase by default.  The out of the box settings are somewhat unrealistic in my organisation and I have to change each one every time.

Thanks

8 Replies

You're very welcome!

ToddDavey
Super Contributor

Thanks for having a look. 

jcamara
Administrator
Administrator

You're welcome. I reviewed the CP6 options and it seems it does not exist. Your best solution would be to upgrade to V4 CP3.

I hope that helped.

ToddDavey
Super Contributor

Thank,  I am about to upgrade through to CP6 so if the feature is there I might wait for it.  Its ridiculous to have a 7 year Preparation and 7 year Retirement cycle, and even more ridiculous to have to manually update each item.

jcamara
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, I see. I was not sure of the version you were referencing so I assumed it was V4 CP3. The options I was referring to are out of the box at V4. It seems there may not be an equivalent option at V3 (I can confirm in a copy of V3 CP6 if you'd like, just let me know).

ToddDavey
Super Contributor

Thanks,

Are State Duration and State Ratio custom attributes?  I'm using V3 CP2 and these attributes are not present on the State (UML) MetaClass.

ToddDavey_1-1615330504315.png

ToddDavey_2-1615330548233.png

jcamara
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

You can adjust the equation in a few ways via the State Machine's State Diagram (Properties of each individual State Object). See screenshot below for an example. 

jcamara_0-1615297568751.png

You have two options, percentage or days. Try leveraging those as a means to switch the default 🙂

I hope that helped!

hsoegaard
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

In the implementation of the wizard that is used when you create an application, it is stated when the life cycle begins and ends. Today it is the 1st of January + 5 years.

From what I understand, the states are then equally placed between these two dates. You can enter a fixed duration on the states in the State Machine, but I have not tested if that would work when creating a life cycle.