cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad performance result after we run the RDBMS Diagnostic

tissarud
New Contributor

we tested the performance between Web Application Server and Database Server by “RDBMS Diagnostic” in the administrator.exe , the result is bad performance as the attached. Please you review more detail in the attached. So Any recommend from you for adjust some configuration in the Tools or the database server for improve the connection performance between both of its

thanks

t

4 Replies

Hi,

we are experiencing the same issue. I did the hrping today and we have values around 3.5ms. Any suggestions on actions we can take?

We are running on SQL Server, MEGA SP4 CP10.

thanks

stijn

Thanks for your advice , i will try follow it

Thank you very much

Hello !

I think the main issue here is the network side. Can you tell us what kind of bandwidth you have between the server where you launched the diagnostic, and the database server, exists ?

And what is maybe even more important, could you check the latency between those two ? I'm afraid it's the weakest point here.

To test the latency, you can follow the below procedure :

On a client computer running MEGA, it is recommended to ping the RDBMS server with a filled buffer to have an evaluation of the infrastructure. In order to do this, Mega redistributes free of charges a tool called hrPING, located in the <Mega installation Path>\Utilities\RDBMS Diagnostic directory.

Use it with the following command in a command window from a computer that will be running Mega (web server and user desktop):

hrping.exe -W -l 5000 -n 50 -y <RDBMS Server name or IP>

It gives a min/max/average result of the latency, in milliseconds. If you can show us the result, it would confirm (or not) this theory.

Fboulart
Super Contributor

Hi Tissarud,

In your RDBMS diagnosis, you can see that, even though the Server CPU is good enough, this is not the case for the Server Disk and the bandwidth.

Do you have a way to:

- increase the memory on you DB server?

- increase the bandwidth between your webserver and DB server bu moving them on the same LAN for instance?

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

f