cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer customized Report related objects from Dev to Prod

TDucher
Super Contributor

Hello,

We have created some customized report template, report dataset, graphset and treeset definitions.
We now want to "move" them to production.
I tried to use export/import with propagation but the resulting file contain millions 🙂 🙂 of lines with metamodel objects and this seems to be not usable and not the good solution for my needs.
Has anybody already doing that and if yes could you tell us how to transfer those kinds of objects with all the needed associated "components" and attributes from an HOPEX repository to another one.

Thanks in advance for the help !

4 Replies

Actually,

I want to correct what I said above.

I am actually not sure how SaaS customers can promote TreeSet Definition Reports from one environment to another.

My understanding was that you need to export and import the "Report Template" object from one environment to another.   

But, this approach is not working. 

Also, the HOPEX Studio (MTS) documentation does not talk about how to promote Report Templates from one environment to another.

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

@TDucher When Exporting the HOPEX File - try "unselecting" the Metamodel check-box.    This should remove any metamodel related data from the file.

Thank you very much @BenAvdicevic for your quick answer.

I think that's exactly what I tried (I used export/import extensively in past missions ...) but in the export file I have a lot of metamodel commands and I was wondering if it was a good idea to import the file. Maybe I did something wrong. I will try again today.

Have a nice day.

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor
We promote custom dataset definitions by using the export menu and selecting the Hopex object file option.

In the export wizard, we unselect the Metamodel option, since we don’t want to export any metamodel changes.

We then import the Hopex object into the prod environment using the import menu option.

The approach is similar when we create custom TreeSet definitions. But there is an important difference. After creating a custom TreeSet, we create a Report in DEV. This will create a Report Template definition object. We then export the report definition object and import to Prod.

Hope it helps.