This course provides the methodological basics and best practices necessary for Enterprise Architects & IT Portfolio Managers to successfully use HOPEX IT Business Management solution.
HOPEX ITBM enables and supports business transformation by aligning your company's IT roadmap to its key strategic business objectives.
Design business architecture and create a strategic roadmap where you can plan future business capabilities and their related IT investments.
Integrating Portfolio Management, this solution also helps you optimize your current IT assets for costs, lifecycle and agility.
- Capture the motivations, operating model and scope of your organization's transformation efforts
- Learn how to build, analyze and rationalize an inventory of IT Assets
- Make balanced decisions regarding the scoping, motivation and planning of your organization's transformation roadmap
How the course is organized
The course alternates theoretical and exercise modules. Theory covers the motivations behind an organization's transformation, along with definitions of HOPEX objects and functionalities. Practical exercises based around a real-life scenario allow participants to apply the theory learned on a relatable case.
How to participate
Introduction to HOPEX IT Business Management
- Introduction to Enterprise Architecture and IT Business Management
- HOPEX IT Business Management Demonstration
- Introduction to our exercise Use Case
- Define strategy
- Derive Business Capabilities
- Describe Value Streams
- Define scope of business changes
Inventory and Rationalization of IT Assets
- Create an Application inventory
- Initialize Technology inventory
- Structure IT Asset inventory
- Rationalize Applications
Plan and Implement Transformation Roadmap
- Assess Business Capability realization
- Build transformation roadmap
- Identify & prioritize IT transformation projects
Communicate through Transformation