cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link to a HOPEX diagram from within another HOPEX Diagram?

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

Hello HOPEX Community,

We have a use case to link from one HOPEX diagram to another, like this:

1. Create a security reference architecture  in HOPEX with an Archimate layered diagram

1. Lets call this diagram A
      * Consider this like a highest level, abstract architecture pattern - that can be applied for a particular solution

2. Create security solution architecture diagram that is specific to a specific solution with an Archimate layered diagram)

1. Lets call this diagram B
      * Consider this the specific implementation of the reference architecture for a specific solution.

3. Inside of diagram B, add a link to diagram A

1. Lets call this link Link A
    2. Purpose of the link is to help other architects looking at diagram B understand that the pattern used is defined in diagram A
    3. Expected behavior is :
      1. While Solution Architect is viewing diagram B 
      2. While logged into HOPEX with Archimate profile
      3. When they select the Link A object
      4. The diagram A is opened. 

We tried using the "External Reference" for creating the link A inside diagram B.   But this does not work. Instead of opening the actual diagram - we just get a new HOPEX window  with home desktop for Archimate profile.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Ben

3 Replies

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

Thank you @TDucher . 

I confirmed that in Archimate you can copy/paste one view into another. This will be helpful to us.

But - I would honestly expect to be able to do something similar in HOPEX native diagrams.

If I remember well this functionality was available in previous versions of HOPEX (or more precisely "Mega" before the web version of the product was born ....).

It was really useful but unfortunately disappeared one day .... Maybe not too difficult to reactivate this behavior 🙂

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

I don't think this functionality exists.

I have submitted an idea to implement this in future.