cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopex (SaaS) integration with PowerBI (on prem)

mrajih_DTCC
Super Contributor

Hi,

I would like to directly connect Hopex with PowerBI and automatically refresh the data.

Currently I export reports from Hopex to xls files then manually refresh the data in PBI.

Can you please help with the following questions ?

1. Does PBI have to have its own DB or can I use any external one and connect it to it?

2. Can I update an on-prem DB with Hopex SaaS? (using GraphQL ?)

3. If I need to build reports with historical data (e.g # active applications in xxx month / # processes with risk in xxx month), what will be the best way to do it ?

Thank you

Mehdi

1 Reply

oguimard
Retired

Hello,

You can have a look at this post that was working for V3/V4. For V5 you just need the API Key so it is easier.

>>> Does PBI have to have its own DB or can I use any external one and connect it to it?

We are not powerBI expert so I recommend you ask on Microsoft forum. I suspect it can.

>>>  Can I update an on-prem DB with Hopex SaaS? (using GraphQL ?)

Yes but be caution with the volume of data you are trying to get.

>>> If I need to build reports with historical data (e.g # active applications in xxx month / # processes with risk in xxx month), what will be the best way to do it ?

In REST API you can access the timestamps of object that are modified. It may not contains enough information as of today to do such a report/