cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change Login.aspx

matthewfoo
Super Contributor

Hi there,

I have issue trying to make changes to Login.aspx inside Hopex web application. Whenever I make any changes to the asp page, such as adding new announcement below the login form, I cannot save the changes . I try changing it in another location and try to copy and replace the file but keep telling me access denied. Any suggestion?

Thanks

5 Replies

hdrapin
Super Contributor

This works for us, this folder is protected and its content can not be changed easaly
Check if the user is in the local Admin group, it gives more access to files.

HDR

Hello

Consider also to stop the related IIS web site in IIS manager before the change

Jerome

Hi,

Strange indeed. Can you try do this :

Copy and paste the login.aspx file elsewhere (for instance on your desktop)

Try to modify this file (don't forget to chek if this file is also on read-only)

If the file has been modified, in the HOPEX Folder, rename the login.aspx to login.aspx.old

If this file has been renamed, move the login.aspx you created on the desktop to the HOPEX folder.

If you can't change the RO status of a file, maybe it's because your account don't have the rights to do it.

matthewfoo
Super Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I have try that several time previously and it just keep going back to Readonly after I finished the setting. Strange??

vtm
Retired

Hi matthewfoo,

By default, the .asxp files are on readonly. you can change it by right-clicking -> Properties and uncheck the option.

Screen Shot 06-14-16 at 11.37 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 06-14-16 at 11.37 AM 001.PNG