cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does HOPEX Allow to change the end points of an Interaction in structure diagrams?

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

Hopex users,

Several architects are asking if HOPEX allows for architect to "move" or "re-link" and Interaction object in a structure diagram.  For example, in Application System Structure diagram.

BenAvdicevic_0-1699471453420.png

When we try to do this, we get following warning message

"The current parameterization of the link does not allow to change its ends."

BenAvdicevic_1-1699471512826.png

Lastly, we have users who claim they were able to do this in V3 HOPEX.

Did behavior change in V5?

8 Replies

@BenAvdicevic 

I have mentioned to the PO about the documentation that need to be updated.

Yes, feel free to submit an idea to enhance the functionality. Perhaps it could be customized but I do not have the knowledge or any recommendation.

Sorry for not able to resolve your request. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and concerns. 

Thanks,

Philip

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

@png THank you for following up thoroughly.

Two comments.

1.  It would be much appreciated if MEGA enhanced documentation on this to make it clear.   Right now, the documentation (link I shared) is misleading.  It only works for "flows" use case, but it doesn't work for Interactions.

2. I will submit an IDEA to enhance this feature.  Somehow, MEGA needs to find a way to re-enable this feature - in a way that doesn't lead to a problem during re-linking.     Most EA tools have an ability to re-link.  It a basic requirement.

png
MEGA
MEGA

@Ben 

You were right that the feature was available in the older version (V3). MEGA added this control in the later version because we have customers raised the issue of inconsistency with the relink of interactions. Per our Product Owner, “Some links and objects are created in a blind way during interaction creation process and are not updated/adapted if you “move” or “re-link”.”

Therefore, it is by design to remove the feature of moving interaction for Application Flows. The solution is to delete and recreate the interactions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Philip

@BenAvdicevic 

Same result in V6. The interaction does not allow to relink for Application flows. I will find out more details and keep you posted.

Thanks,

Philip

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

@png Thanks for testing Philip.   For us, it is more important to test this with Interactions and Application Flows.   We do not do much with Organization Process diagrams.   

The way the feature is documented in Common Features - it implies this should work for any type of link - not just Organization Process diagrams. 

Please update this thread when you know more.

Hi Ben,

Based on the "Changing the target of a link" documentation, it is accurate. I was able to move the links between Organizational Process. Please note that I was able to move the link, sequence flow, and message flow. Maybe only the "interaction" has limitation.

I keep you posted with any additional information.

Thanks.

Philip

png
MEGA
MEGA

Hi Ben,

I was able to replicate your scenario of unable to relink interaction on V5. 

I found a related case that stated "it is a known limitation of the HOPEX platform. Improvements of this scenario are being investigating for future major versions of HOPEX. Our suggestion is to delete and re-create the interaction."

I will test on V6 and keep you posted.

Thanks,

Philip

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

To add...

Just noticed this behavior is documented in Common Features guide.  

Seems like it should be possible to just move the link end point to another object.

BenAvdicevic_0-1699471994052.png

We will pursue with Mega Support team to see if something affecting our environment.