cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMDB Import

EColomb
Super Contributor

Good morning,

In the pdf file "What is new MEGA 2009 SP5 R7", this new tool is describe to import object from CMDB. Objetcs must be described in an XML file whose structure complies with the format defined by the XSD file supplied by MEGA.

The MEGA schema allows importing configuration items from different CMDB tools (BMC, HP, etc.) and thus avoiding discrepancies between versions.

Ok, but i don't find where it's possible to define this format in MEGA.

Can you help me?

Thanks you.

5 Replies

Hello Dears,

The link is not working for me .

would you please provide the recent link to download the template

Hello EColomb

To use a XML file, it's obligatory to avec this 4 elements in the file or only few is necessary to use the import function?

--> The XML file shoud at least contain the descriptionof

• A cmdb
  • A configuration item

However if the description of a configuration item refers to a type (typeid), this type must be declared

<ci id="a" cmdbid="a1" name="my server 1" typeid="a123" status="active"
delete="yes">

Note that a licence MEGA CMDB Import is required

Jerome

EColomb
Super Contributor

I' have another question about this.

In the pdf, there is some informations about the import format, and an example at the end of the doc.

We can see 4 elements describe in the XML example  : cmdb, types, configurationitems and compositions.

To use a XML file, it's obligatory to avec this 4 elements in the file or only few is necessary to use the import function?

Thanks you.

EColomb
Super Contributor

Thanks You,

I 'm downloading the file.

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello EColomb

An article 'CMDB Import.pdf' is available for MEGA 2009 SP5.

You can donwload it from this page:

http://www.mega.com/support/?mega_72&documentation&service_pack_5&_en&technical_articles

Jerome