cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when duplicating Application System

RomanT
Super Contributor

We have an issue when trying to duplicate Application system which has around 20 sub-diagrams, 100 application usses, databases, etc. Ussualy it took 30-45 minutes to duplicate but now it just stops in the middle of the duplication process. When the process stops it shows the error, attached, but after installing all the patches and fixes, error does not show any more, but the duplication process still stops and does not move for an hour or as long as you don't stop it manually. Meanwhile, when the process stops, the SQL server seems to be quite busy.

We tried to solve the issue with patching SQL to the latest patches and fixes, to update MEGA to latest patches and fixes, but this does not solve our problem.

If we do the duplication on similar but much smaller scale, less complex Application system, the duplication process works normally.

Any idea why the duplication process stops and what could be the error?

Thank.

Roman.

4 Replies

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

This might be a good place to start: https://doc.mega.com/hopex-v2r1-en/#page/MTS2%2FCustomizing_Metamodel%2FCustomizing_perimeter_EN.Con... (or search "perimeter" in the documentation for your version of HOPEX...should be in the HOPEX Power Studio user documentation)

Hope this helps.

Please advice where can I look further for "Duplication perimerer" or where can I manage some setting

for duplication? I have quite an issue and show stopper because I cannot make a duplication.

Thanks

Roman.

Thanks for answering. I'm using (duplicate) strategy because I really need to duplicate Application system use, Application use, the diagram... etc. So I think the strategy is OK, but I will check proposed "duplicate (reuse)", because I'm not familiar with it and don't know exactly how it works.

Regarding the duplication perimeter ... I din't know it can be adjusted. Where can I change some settings for duplication or duplication perimeter?

Thanks.

Roman.

pvandeginste
Honored Contributor

It might be that the object you're duplicating has too many dependencies that are in the scope of the duplication perimeter. That could explain why it works on an object with less dependencies. Also, check which duplication strategy you are using: we found that in some cases when users were using the "duplicate" strategy (not "duplicate (reuse)"), a lot of objects were being duplicated over and over again (instead of being reused), which in turn would increase the time to duplicate an object every time and create a lot of unwanted duplicated objects.

Philippe