cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXING THE FAULTY OBJECTS

SGE
Super Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to fix the fautly objects because I'm doing the upgrade from SP5 to HOPEX, I'm reading "How to prepare to migrate to HOPEX" and I need to discconect the faulty objects from the superfluous parent but I don't understand how can I do it, someone can help me please.

Thank you in advice.

Sebastian.

4 Replies

SGE
Super Contributor

Ok, thank you.

Hello SGE

There is a control because there is a stricter rule: a diagram can describe only one object not several.

With HOPEX, the metamodel and the tools are based on this rule and it will be difficult for you to describe the same object by several diagrams. You should consider to review the project methodology to consider this rule.

Jerome

SGE
Super Contributor

Thank you very much.

Is there anyway to have both describe objects? because my enterprise want to keep both. For example, in the attachment you have a screenshot that shows two ways to describe the object one is "Arbre applicatif" and other "Infrastructure technique MEGA" but afther upgrade we had to disconnect one so in Hopex we will not be able to show both. So my question is if can we have both configurations after upgrade?

I wait you answer, thank you in advice.

Sebastian

lrobinet
MEGA
MEGA

Hello,

Right-click on each object that is flagged as faulty and choose "Explore".

In the explorer window, be sure to activate the yellow folders to see the impact analysis links and the green folders for the description links. 

You should only have one described object. If there is a "described org-unit" and a "described application", one of those links must be disconnected. If you have 3 "Described business processes", then 2 must be disconnected, and so forth.

To disconnect, in the Explorer, right-click on the connected object and select "disconnect".

Here are some good rules to follow :

1/ Opt to conserve object types destined for the diagram type in question and not those not destined to be described by that type of diagram. Example : Business process implementation diagram with a described application, a described org-unit and a described business process. Conserve the business process in this case and unlink the other 2.

2/ Opt for the most precise object in a hierarchy. Example : Organizational process diagram that describes an organizational process and his parent (link "aggregation of")

3/ Opt for the object whose children are present on the diagram. 

Regards,

Leslie