cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Site generation, change file extension from .htm to .aspx?

mkaczar
Contributor

Hi,

We are posting our generated Mega Web site to SharePoint / Web Parts and recently migrated to SharePoint 2016 / office 365. In the new 2016 environment, .htm files are not allowed to be opened, security setting, and we can't change the setting. File extension .aspx are acceptable and can can be rendered in 2016.

Wondering if we there is an option in Publisher to change the Mega Web generation to .aspx file extensions. Or if a change can be made to the web generation / template in the meta data using Studio?

We are currently at V1R3 but are in the process to upgrade to V2R1.

Thanks

2 Replies

Thank you for researching!

I found two programs, NotePad++ and Find and Replace (FaR), I can use to change all instances of *.htm to *.aspx in the web files.

This process works, but I was hoping to eliminate this step when we post an updated web site to SharePoint.

Thanks.

jcamara
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I performed a quick search in our records and found that there used to be an option when MEGA Advisor was in a support state (MEGA V1 and older). Currently, there is no option available to create static websites in the aspx format, unfortunately. The previous record I found was for the exact seem reason (office 365 related).

I searched the web for a moment and found this post that might be of interest to you. It speaks to enabling html to function in Sharepoint so maybe that would work for you... same outcome, different means 🙂

https://www.vrdmn.com/2012/06/use-html-pages-in-sharepoint-2010-html.html

I hope that helped!