cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Parameter(s) from a Matrix to a Matrix Template's Queries?

agreff
Super Contributor

Hello MEGA Community,

I was wondering how I would go about passing a parameter from a Matrix to a Matrix Template's Query/ies?

I’d like to define a Matrix Template whose query/ies can be passed parameter value(s) from corresponding Matrix objects that reference that Matrix Template. These parameter value(s) would be used to filter the results of the results of the underlying Matrix Template, without prompting the user for input. In this way, the filtering parameters of the Matrix query/ies would be defined within the Matrices themselves, allowing a domain to be mapped to be partitioned into smaller subsets, and to be assigned to specific stakeholders to complete the mappings.

The following example is a contrived example (to keep it simple). The person editing the Matrix is not the same as persons in the List of Persons.

For example:

• List of Applications:
    • Application A
    • Application B
    • Application C
    • Application D
    • Application E
  • List of Persons (System):
    • Person A
    • Person B
  • Creator definitions:
    • Applications A, B, C have “Person A” as their Creator
    • Applications D, E, have “Person B” as their Creator
  • Matrix Template:
    • Name: "Applications mapped to Creators"
      • Row Query:
        • List of all applications:
          • Select [Application]
        • Column Query
          • List of all Person (System)s:
            • Select [Person (System)] Where [Creator] Like &"PersonFilter"
          • Matrices:
            • Matrix 1: “Applications Created by Person A”
              • Trying to pass to the Matrix Template: &PersonFilter = “Person A” passed to underlying Matrix Template
            • Matrix 2: “Applications Created by Person B”
              • Trying to pass to the Matrix Template: &PersonFilter = “Person B” passed to underlying Matrix Template

How would I be able to set this up? How can I define and pass parameters from the Matrix definition to the underlying Matrix Template query/ies?

Any insight would be hugely appreciated!

Regards,

Andrew Greff

0 Replies