cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login as another user

SMAINIL
Super Contributor

Hello there,

With Hopex connected to LDAP for authentication, when one of our user opens an issue we have to know his password to connect and investigate. 

Is there a way in webfront, when you are an admin, to login as another user without having to know the user password. We have other applications that have that functionality.

Tahnks for your help

Regards

Steph

5 Replies

SMAINIL
Super Contributor

Hello Mervin,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll try your solution next time a user will contact me about a problem.

Regards,

Stephane

mjimenez
Retired

Hello Smainil,

Because you have LDAP for authentication theres one way that could help you:

1-Login on HOPEX Web Front-End by HOPEX Administrator profile > User Management > Persons > Persons > choose the user and click on the button “Login Properties” > change the “Authentication Mode” from LDAP to MEGA

2- Then click on the button “Set Password” and type the password that you want.

3- When you finish the investigation, just set back the “Authentication Mode” to LDAP

Please let me know if this work for your.

Regards,

Mervin

Hello Smainil,

Currently like I mentioned it is not possible, However, MEGA actually launched a new page on our community site dedicated for Idea sharing and I highly recommend you visit 

https://community.mega.com/t5/HOPEX-Customers-Ideas/idb-p/hopex-idea Or you can contact your accout manager and discuss your options for customization.

Regards,

Mervin

SMAINIL
Super Contributor

I understand that it's not possible directly but what I was thinking about is:

- login using a user whose has Hopex admin rights

- when connected, having a menu to login as another user but without knowing that user's password

mjimenez
Retired

Hello Smainil,

From my undestanding, there is not way to login without known the password.

Mervin