Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use search box (Text box) value into a Mega Query variable

Azim_Uddin
MEGA Partner
MEGA Partner

Hi Guys,  

How to use search box (Text box) value into a Mega Query variable. I am trying to getting input from a text box on Mega EA website and use this value into a Mega Query.
But some reason it does not work. Is there anyone have any sample structure to do this. I will really appreciate for any help...

Thanks

Azim

7 Replies

veldew
Super Contributor

Tipue is also my favorite !

easy to implement.

Hi Wim,

Thanks for your reply and sharing the information. Yes, I also found using Javascript Search engine was much easier and flexible.

Btw, just curious which search engine you were using.  I have tried Tipue Search.

Have a nice day.

Regards

Azim

veldew
Super Contributor

Hi,

You can also include a javascript search engine, free available on the internet.

You only will have to implement it in your website template, like adding an index page.

I used it for multiple customers, works like a charm, and faster then going for server side scripting which connect to mega.

grtz,

Wim

Thanks a lot for your help and advise. That is really helpful and informative 🙂

Have a good day 🙂

Ok this is my recommendation

1. Create your own website in any server side scripting language

2. connect this site using Mega DLL Component to a mega repository

3. get search value and send this value to mega repository by using an API method oRoot.getSelection("Select [MegaObjectType] where Name=""") etc

You cannot use Mega Generated Static Website to run a search query on mega repository.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your reply. 
It's can be any where in EA website. I need to get the parameter value from users.
For example, when I execute this query in Mega query, it's asking for user input. (Select [Business Process] Where [Owner Library] &name)

On the website I have create a input text box (html). I need to get user input from that text box and execte the query in backend.

I have attached two screenshot for you 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help.

imrankhatyan
Trusted Contributor

EA Website, is it a standard website generated by mega or are you talking about Mega Web Anywhere? If it's the first you cannot run mega search queries.