cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to place Text on a property page

tdeeg
Super Contributor

Hello

can someone tell me how i can place text on a property page? I would like to show some attributes on a property page of applications and place some text below the attributes, something like "for more information please go to http://......"

I tried using the HelpComment for the property page, as described in the customization guide, but this doesn't look right.

Here's the Code:

[Page]
Order=115

[Template]
AttGroupTop=Group(Bar),Pos(Top),Name("Change small orders")
AttGroupMiddle=Group(Bar),Pos(Middle),Name("Run")
AttGroupBottom=Group(Bar),Pos(Bottom)
Item1=Attribute([Kosten Change Summe 2012]),In(AttGroupTop),Size(100),Name("Summe Change")
Item2=Attribute([Kosten Change Business 2012]),In(AttGroupTop),Size(100),Name("Business (ASP)")
Item4=Attribute([Kosten Change IT Efficiency 2012]),In(AttGroupTop),Size(100),Name("IT Efficiency(ASP)")
Item5=Attribute([Kosten Run Summe 2012]),In(AttGroupMiddle),Size(100),Name("Summe Run")
Item6=Attribute([Kosten Run Operations 2012]),In(AttGroupMiddle),Size(100),Name("Operations (ASP)")
Item7=Attribute([Kosten Run Support 2012]),In(AttGroupMiddle),Size(100),Name("Support (ASP)")
Item8=Attribute([Kosten Run Steuerung 2012]),In(AttGroupMiddle),Size(100),Name("Steuerung (ASP)")
Item9=Attribute([Kosten Run SW Wartung App 2012]),In(AttGroupMiddle),Size(100),Name("SW Wartung App. (ASP)")
Item10=Attribute([Kosten Run Infrastruktur 2012]),In(AttGroupMiddle),Size(100),Name("Infrastruktur (INFRA)")
Help=Item([Anwendung.Kosten2012]),Control(HelpComment),In(AttGroupBottom)

This is the result of the Property Page:

mega community.png

First of all, the headline for the top group ("Change small orders") is missing.

Then the text is placed in the middle, not at the bottom, in this ugly white frame.

Isn't there any other way to place one (or more) read-only texts on a property page? And perhaps adding a link to an external site to it?

Can anyone help me on this? Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Tobias

7 Replies

tdeeg
Super Contributor

Now it works, but you are right, the look has changed.

Looks a bit ugly to me but... let's put function over look and feel, right?Smiley Happy

Hi Tobias,

Can you try AttGroupTop=Group(Frame),Pos(Top),Name("Change small orders")?

Change "Bar" by "Frame". The look is going to change but I think the name will be shown.

See u

Bruno

tdeeg
Super Contributor

Hello

as i just saw - this text is also not shown in Advisor. Is anything else to be considered when i like to show this text in Advisor?

Thanks & best regards

Tobias

tdeeg
Super Contributor

Hello jherpet

no, this didn't work - still the same.

Best regards

Tobias

jyherpet
Retired

Hello Tobias,

try to name the title of your group without quotes, like this :

AttGroupTop=Group(Bar),Pos(Top),Name(Change small orders)

Best regards,
Jean-Yves

tdeeg
Super Contributor

Hello btestard,

this looks much better now. The "Anwendung.Kosten2012" is a metapropertypage. I tried to use the HelpComment of the Property Page as described in the customization guide.

mega community2.png

Can you also tell me how i can add a title for the top Group? The Name is not shown here...

AttGroupTop=Group(Bar),Pos(Top),Name("Change small orders")

btestard
Retired

Hi tdeeg,

Firstable you have to place the "in" instruction before the "control" instruction and you can add some param to have a beautiful "help" frame! 

Help=Item([Anwendung.Kosten2012]),In(AttGroupBottom),Control(HelpComment),Param(Info,Border)

For the http link I'm not sure of the possibility to do this...

Your item "Anwendung.Kosten2012" is a TaggedValue?

Regards

Bru