cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change (increase) resoluiton when using "save the picture as" option in diagrams?

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

Some of our HOPEX created diagrams will need to be exported as images (JPG/PNG).

We're finding that out-of-box resolution of the images is too low.

I have tried to understand how to increase resolution but can not find any info in the documentation.

Any help appreciated.

For context, here are the menu options I'm referring to:

BenAvdicevic_0-1649969538171.png

BenAvdicevic_1-1649969546046.png

4 Replies

Rapha13
Contributor

Hi there,

I have the same issue.

Manipulating SVG files is still a pain today (I am using in office 2016).
It's a good idea to promote up-to-date / new formats but why does MEGA prevent from using exiting ones like JPG/PNG ? The resolution of JPG/PNG is so low that it is useless, it's a shame.

Unfortunately, we are manipulating sensible data that can't be converted with online tools.
Is there any way to increase JPG/PNG quality ?
Please note that SVG format is still far less used that JPG/PNG.

Kind regards,

BenAvdicevic
Honored Contributor

Hi @TDucher @LMeden 

Yes, I've tried SVG. Its a great option to have.

Our use case is to insert HOPEX generated diagrams into Confluence pages.

Right now, 

• inserting PNG or JPG results in low res. image.
  • inserting SVG into Confluence results in gray thumbnail (image displays OK once clicked on)

Seems the answer is there is no way to increase the PNG/JPG resolution from a configuration menu in HOPEX.

Depending on the context I would also recommend to use SVG. It works great in e.g. PowerPoint, Word and when converting to PDF. And if you need to crop in Word/PowerPoint click the inserted image and select the Graphics Format.

2022-04-19 14_24_36-Document1 - Word.png

TDucher
Super Contributor

Did you try to use SVG format ? In that case the Image is always perfect even when zomming in 500%.