cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server 2012 R2 HOPEX V1R2 CP3 - is it supported and upgrade guidance?

gmarkow
Super Contributor

Is SQL Server 2012 R2 supported for HOPEX V1R2 CP3?

If not, when will it be supported?

Does there exist any upgrade guidance specific to Mega?

If there is no documented upgrade guidance, will a simple database upgrade (from 2008 to 2012R2) suffice?

Are there fixes we should apply prior to upgrading?  I noticed a SQL 2012 fix in CP5.

Thanks,

Greg

4 Replies

gmarkow
Super Contributor

Thank you.

Hello gmarkow

Windows Server 2012 R2 is fully supported with HOPEX V1R2

Could you please tell me where I could look to find the Mega migration instructions for SQL Server in upgrading from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012? Or do we simply follow the MS upgrade instructions?

--> Yes, follows Microsoft instructions

FYI, in the procedure to migrate MEGA data to HOPEX V1R2, there is a step that updates SQL server tables definition. This is called 'Technical conversion'. See following document page 10

http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/9/26/How%20to%20migrate%20to%20HOPEX%20V1R...

Jerome

gmarkow
Super Contributor

Thank you for your response.

I apologize.  My mistake.  I did mean SQL Server 2012. 

We are looking to upgrade to both Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2012.

Could you please tell me where I could look to find the Mega migration instructions for SQL Server in upgrading from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012?  Or do we simply follow the MS upgrade instructions?

I wanted to know if there is anything special we need to do with the Mega software.

Thank you again!

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello  gmarkow

Is SQL Server 2012 R2 supported for HOPEX V1R2 CP3?
We assume you refer to SQL Server 2014.
SQL Server 2014 has not been fully qualified.

So far, no issue has been identified and we will support it according to our standard support policy (fix is delivered on lastest CP).

Is there is no documented upgrade guidance, will a simple database upgrade (from 2008 to 2012R2) suffice?

There is not specific migration instruction for SQL Server 2014. It is considered as other SQL Server versions supported (SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012). Follow the standard migration instructions.

Note that for SQL Server storage in general, only SQL Server authentication is supported.

Jerome