cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating a new environment

jangm
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Jerome, it works.

Now I have to link sqlserver database. Testing connection from MEGA server to SQL server database works, UDL sreenshot in attachment.

When I try to create new environment for SQL server, I get an error in second attachment. There is only default instance on SQL server. What are correct connection parameters?

tnx

jang

3 Replies

I did not realised you had tried to create the environment with the option 'Use existing SQL Server database' checked

This is not exactly a work-around.

You have 2 options:

• Create database: SQL server database is created using Administration.exe
  • Use existing SQL Server database: SQL server database is is mapped at creation.
    -> It is assumed that a database has been created before (with a specific name)

storage.JPG

More details in this document, section Sql server support, 'creating an environment'

http://community.mega.com/mega/attachments/mega/HOPEXV1R2/9/43/RDBMS%20Repository%20Installation%20G...

Jerome

jangm
Trusted Contributor

Workaround was to create a new database from Mega and it worked.

Thanks Jerome

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Suggestion:

When refererring to the <computer name>/<instance name> in the windows 'Connection Parameters (SQL Server)...'

Use full computed name (ex: salussl.mydomain.com) instead of computer name  (ex: salussl)

If the issue persists, I suggest you contact your DBA. he may understand better the cause.

Jerome