cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between "Business Person" and "Person (System)"

khateeya
New Contributor

Greetings,

I would like to know the difference between "Business Person" and "Person (System)". Which of the two should represents an employee regardless if he is using Mega or not? I want to link my projects, business processes...etc. to specific employees and I am not sure which one to use.

I am using MEGA HOPEX V1R2 CP5.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Yamen

5 Replies

Note that starting from HOPEX V1R2 CP8.0, options enable to control the Metaclass used ('Business Person' or 'Person (system)')

See KB 00005301

Jerome

Yes. The indication is to avoid using Business Person because it is functionnally redundant with Person (System).

Jerome

Thank you both,

Jerome, so you recommend stop using Business Person and Use Person (System) to represent both employess who would access Mega by linking them to logins and Employees that would access Mega by not linking them to logins, correct?

Thanks

Yamen

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Before HOPEX versions, 2 Metaclass were available:

• User: to identify persons able to login
  • Business Person: to identify persons independantly from login in different contexts (ex: manage distribution lost for documents, manage project participants, workflow..)

With HOPEX, the MetaClass user is splitted into 2 MetaClass

• Person (system): to specify person information: name, email, phone...
  • Login: to specify login information: authentication, access to repositories...

To create a user able to login, a Person (system) connected to a login are necessary

In other contexts where login is not required (identifiy owner, send notification mail), it should now be possible to use Person (System) with or without a login. Business Person is kept for compatibility

Jerome

ki6i
Trusted Contributor

System (Person) is the one that you can assosiate to login, profile and etc. In other words System (Person) is usually also Mega user. I wouldn't put people that are not suppose to have login to Mega there because they are also visible in the administration tool and it will become hard for the administrator to search and manage the access rights of people.

Business Person can't be associated to Mega login, doesn't appear in the admin tool and it is better choice if you need to use it only as modelling object.