cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the business person MetaClass

SBureau
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I just opened a case with the support with the same concern, but I thought I could ask here in case somebody faced the same issue. 

We updated our Mega Hopex to V1R2 CP8 yesterday and then realized that the Business Person Metaclass was removed from the system. 

Did it happened to somebody else? and what did you do to recover the links your applications or other objects to persons again?

Thanks! 

5 Replies

SBureau
Trusted Contributor

I understand the difference. My point is: if Mega decided to hide the Business Person MetaClass, I assume that it will be deprecated some day.

So, I'm trying to see how we can migrate our data to the "new way" so that we are standard with future updates.

If a new customer buys Mega and implement it tomorrow, how would you suggest him to link a Person (system) with an application for example?

Since the responsibility tab does not offer this option anymore, what are the "good metaassociation" to use in order to define responsibles for an application? 

Thanks again! 

Note: checking the option "Business Person Management" in the options did bring everything back as it was.

Let us not mix 2 elements

1) Control the availability of the MetaClass 'Business Person'

2) Decide to use Person (System) instead of Business Person

1) This can be managed with options starting from HOPEX V1R2-V1R3 CP8.0

In options, group 'Business Process and Architecture Modeling', check 'Business Person management' to make it available

2) This is not mandatory. It can be decided by the project and requires some work

The utility (KB 00004007) provided basically duplicates Business Persons into Perso (system)

You need to review the metamodel and customizations related to business person

Jerome

SBureau
Trusted Contributor

According to the scripts I see, the script will copy all "Business Person" into "Person (System)", but not the links.

"Person (System)" does not have the same metaassociations as "Business Person". For example, we used to be able to link a Business Person with an application in the Responsibility tab. 

If I want to have the same metaassociation, do I have to recreate them all by myself? 

SBureau
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I really appreciate your answer, I will look into this right away and comment this post.

Thanks.

jhorber
MEGA
MEGA

Hello SBureau

The MetaClass 'Business Person' has not been removed.

It is now functionnally redundant with Person (system) which can create mistunderstanding.

Starting from HOPEX V1R3 CP8.0, it is hidden by defaut

However an option enables to make it avaialable again.

See http://community.mega.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/mega-kb-solution?sid=501D00000014PrUIAU

Jerome